Eric Scott Barr
Creating custom solutions with over a decade experience developing both enterprise and open source software. Experience building solutions from the ground up in industry standard languages such as C++, C#, and PHP, as well as adapting off-the-shelf or pre-existing software to meet customer needs. An expert at interpreting customer requirements to provide the best possible solutions.
- Experience with advanced programming concepts such as multithreading/concurrency, TCP/UDP network layers, and data analysis.
- Developed a wide range of applications for desktop, command line and web.
- Proficient in bridging existing offline enterprise software and web based reporting tools.
|Libraries and Frameworks||Boost, Qt, SDL2, Berkeley sockets, OpenGL, Symfony, Magento, jQuery|
|Concepts||OOP, Agile Development, TCP/IP socket programming, Concurrency|
Career Highlights and Achievements
Data Science Consultant (Banjo/IDEX, Crawfordsville, IN) - 2014-present
- Bridge existing ERP software with web based interface
Open Source Developer (Spira Code LLC, Mesa, AZ) - 2006-present
- Responsible for over 2 million lines of open source code over more than 2500 commits
- Managed tens of developers and thousands of commits to open source projects
- Created custom lex/yacc parser to compile custom scripting language to Java
- Reverse engineered missing server components to enable marketplace for an MMO game server
GitHub Open Source Repositories: https://github.com/apathyboy
Server Admin/Solution Developer (Sub6 Ltd, London, UK) - 2005-2020
- Oversee hundreds of company/client servers
- Created management software for managing servers and software version tracking
- Maintain Linux and cPanel/WHM hosting environments
Bachelor’s degree - Mesa Community College/University of Phoenix - In Progress (2014-present)
- Currently maintaining 4.0 GPA
- 1st place in division for AMATYC math contest